Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Few Things on My Mind Today...

1. I just wish that the media would stop giving that idiot hick man (I refuse to refer to him as a pastor for the obvious reasons) who is planning on burning a Quran so much publicity. So much energy is being spent on that foolishness. I just wish the government could step in and arrest him or something but alas- the First Amendment.

2. Ghanaians [specifically those in Ghana] and phone etiquette: Scenario
Caller: Good afternoon can I speak with XYZ
Me: Hi, sorry XYZ is busy at the moment but I will let them know you called and have them call you back when they get some time.
Caller: Ok, I will call back in an hour.
Me confused and thinking: Errrr no, how about you DON'T CALL BACK IN AN HOUR. They will call you when they are good and ready.
Me: Well I'm not sure XYZ will be done in an hour so I will let XYZ know you called and have XYZ call you when they are done with what they are doing.
Caller: Ok.
True to their word, this person calls back exactly one hour later. Of course XYZ was still busy so I just ignored they call and they called back 3 MORE TIMES, BACK.TO.BACK. Sigh.

3. To all those people who were wishing for cooler weather, EAT YOUR FRIGGIN HEARTS OUT. Personally, I was hoping summer would stick around a little longer so I can complete all my summer MUST DO activities.

4. My phone only rings while I'm away from my desk, never when I'm at my desk and I'm terrible at checking messages. I just don't enjoy the task of having to play and listen to a voice mail especially when the voice mail happens to be the sound of someone hanging up the phone on the other end.

No comments:

Post a Comment