Monday, April 25, 2011

This easter Sunday, I spent my time with a friend at the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History in DC.

Not only are all the Smithsonian museums FREE, they also house some of the most extensive artifacts/specimens on earth. Their wikipedia and webpage provides more information.

One word to describe this museum: AWESOME!! It's a definite must see for ANYONE who is in the area and doesn't have any money but still wants to have a good time, I believe the kids these days call it balling on a budget, no? oh ok. We walked for about 2.5 hours and I'm pretty sure we didn't cover 100% the whole museum.

Ghana was heavily represented in the African Voices exhibition which was pretty neat, pics below.

I have plans of visiting the rest of the museums this summer and I am pretty darn excited!











No comments:

Post a Comment