Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Eye contact

I've been wearing glasses "on and off" for about 14 years now thanks to astigmatism and myopia. I've had more off years than on which I guess explains how fast my eyes have deteriorated. I've turned a new leaf though; I have been a stickler for wearing my glasses religiously these past [gasp] THREE years! But I'm tired of them so I want the next best? alternative: Contact lenses. Lasik is NOT an option.

Anyway, I've always had reservations for contacts for 2 reasons: I saw what an infection from wearing contacts for 3 days without taking them out and cleaning them can look like and it was a quite traumatizing discovery. Secondly, I have an issue with sticking a foreign object in/on my eyes and plucking it out...that idea just doesn't jive well with me. But these days, I realize that this fear has been holding me back, because you really can't (be sexy) wear[ing] glasses say at a club, or a night out on the town, or at the beach, or playing sports etc etc etc, you catch my drift??

So I decided that I will get fitted for contacts! I have an annual exam coming up so I called my Drs. office to see what the process is for getting contacts:

Apparently you must take a 30-45 minute 'training class' if you have never worn contacts! And the kicker: if you are unable to put on and take out the contacts THREE times, you will not be allowed to take the contacts home with you. Essentially, you fail Contacts 101 :-|
Imagine explaining that to friends and family...


Who knew wearing contacts could be so intense!



No comments:

Post a Comment