Friday, December 7, 2012

I got time on my hands

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today, so I made a list of things that don't tickle my fancy....

Straight to the list

1. Tags: clothes tags are a given. No one likes them. They are a nuisance and a waste of resources in my opinion. However, if there is one thing I despise more than clothes tags, it has got to be bedding tags. I HATE THEM! Nothing makes my skin crawl worse than the sensation of comforter or pillow tags rubbing against my skin. While I make sure to cut the tags off my bedding, I cannot do the same with other people's stuff.

2. Orange and/or citrus scented/flavored anything: I love a nice chilled glass of orange juice. My go to breakfast of choice is a toasted bagel with cream cheese and a side of orange juice. I also enjoy the occasional orange/mandarin/tangerine fruit and that is as far as my love for orange goes. Orange candy, orange soda, orange/citrus fragrances I cannot tolerate and they go straight to the trash. The smell of the fake stuff makes my stomach churn.

3. Cops

4. Flu shots: fact: the flu shot will not give you 100% protection against the flu. Fact: flu shots are mandatory for healthcare workers...unless you have a doctor's note. Fact: I've gotten the flu shot for the past 5 years. Fact: I've gotten the flu the last 3 out of the last 5 years. Fact: I currently have the flu. Fact: to hell with the flu shot. 

5. Uneven roads/potholes/craters in roads/steel plates: DC is notorious for uneven roads and crater sized holes in their roads. Some roads are so uneven, it feels like the car is going to lose a wheel, if not the entire vehicle falling apart while driving on it. NoVa on the other hand has a problem with manhole holes. There is one particular section of Rte 1 that feels like an obstacle course from having to constantly navigate around what seems like hundreds of  random sunken manholes which might as well be potholes. 

6. Hot drinks: they are great in theory. Nothing better than a hot cup of coffee, chocolate or tea on a cold day. But as soon as I finish a cup of whatever, I immediately feel really hot, like burning sweaty hot, and then my stomach starts to feel funky and I must chase it with an ice cold drink of water which gets me back to feeling as cold as I was before I had the drink. Lose-lose situation for me. Maybe I'm just weird. 

2 comments:

  1. Hot drinks don't tickle your fancy? Oh goodness they certainly tickle mine haha. I really love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Optimistic Existentialist

    ReplyDelete